Thursday, February 24, 2011

Visit 3 to Doctor's office - That's more like it!

Hi!  I really wasn't expecting to write another blog so soon after the last one, but I wanted to tell you guys about the fantastic appointment I had today at Dr. Poon's Thornhill office.

If you've read my week 2 blog, you know how I felt after my appointment with Dr. Pat Poon.  In a nutshell, I was not happy.  This week, however, I had the opposite experience.  I saw Dr. Weins and it was a perfect fit.

I've lost a total of 17 pounds in one month and nine days.  The weight I gained on my Florida vacation is gone and I'm back in ketosis.  I think that's a pretty good accomplishment, but the great thing was hearing it from Dr. Wiens.  Even though it wasn't necessary, he took the time to congratulate me on a job well done so far.  He also took a long time with me addressing my concerns, answering my questions and giving me general tips on how to stay on course.  I didn't feel rushed at all.  I was very candid about some of my concerns and he was very open by telling me that the changes I'm going through could very well be because of a radical change in my eating habits and food intake.  His approach was diametrically opposed to the "not because of my plan" schpiel I got at my last appointment.  It made all the difference in the world.

I'm going to try and stay with Dr. Wiens throughout the plan.  Even though Dr. Barsoum was great and I have no complaints about her at all, I just clicked with Dr. Weins' approach.  I would strongly suggest that you guys all take the time to determine what doctor's style works the best for you.  Not every doctor you see is going to click with you and it is definitely worth finding one you feel comfortable with for the long haul.

I told some people at the Clinic about this blog.  Dr. Wiens, if you're reading this, thank you so much for renewing my faith in my doctor's appointments. 

Just had to share.  Please let me know how your appointments are going.  Bye for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment