Sunday, March 6, 2011

Week 6 - My rebellious stomach

Time on the Dr. Poon Metabolic Diet:  6 weeks
Weight lost this week:  3.6 lbs
Weight lost to date:  20.2 lbs

Hello all!  Hope everyone has been healthy and happy this past week.  I'm going through a crazy time at work - I have a Trial this Thursday and a bunch of pre-trials and stuff this month.  Sometimes I love my job, sometimes I want to throw it out the window.  At least I have an amazing husband.  I swear, he's been so encouraging through this journey that I feel like I should buy him a set of pom-poms and a cheerleading outfit.  He'd look kinda hot in it....LOL!

I did it!  I broke the 20 pound mark!  My clothes are starting to fit better and I'm seeing the difference (mostly in my face).  I put my suit on for court this week and wonder of wonders - I didn't feel any tightness in the waist.  Life's small victories!

The only thing I've started to get much more of is stomach pain.  When I was eating whatever I wanted my stomach didn't rebel.  Now that I'm really controlling what's going in, my stomach has decided to be bratty.  Just yesterday I had 2 eggs with some egg whites and a piece of flexseed bread with cream cheese.  The way my tummy tightened up and hurt, you would think I fed myself peroxide.  I had to take 2 doses of Alka-Seltzer throughout the day (total of 3600 mg of sodium bicarbonate!) just to feel like I could manage.

I'll have to take this up with Dr. Weins when I see him.  It's pretty discouraging but I'm sure it's just a bump in the road.  Like any child, when you take away the things that it likes it throws a tantrum. Eventually it'll settle down (I hope!).  In the meantime, no eggs for me!

Other than that, everything is going well.  I've found out that I'm really quite sensitive to sodium because my weight has not really changed over the past three days, which is when I started to take in a bit more sodium.  Good thing is that most of the weight I'm losing is fat.  Yay!

That's it for now.  I'm making stuffed chicken (chicken breast stuffed with small pieces of broccoli and herb & garlic light cream cheese - yum) and it's time to take them out of the oven.  Keep me posted on how you guys are doing and if anyone has an answer for my rebellious stomach please let me know!  Good luck!

4 comments:

  1. Hi there: Just doing some research on Dr. Poons
    Diet. My Dr. wants to refer me as I have had
    very limited success with a traditional balanced Weight Watcher diet... with approximately l000 -l200 cals. Great blog by the way :)..Wondering how you are finding this as a lifestyle??? I've done Dr. Bernsteins diet,
    and didn't feel very well, but also found it
    so limiting in the real world!! You are either
    on it or off it and life just doesn't work that
    way. Weight watchers is slow for me.. i.e. maybe
    l/2 pound a week.. but I am losing and maintaining. Not sure if I should jump ship.
    Just wondering how you are finding it now.
    Appreciate any feedback when you have time...
    and congratulations on your perserverance!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    i have been on the Dr poon plan for 3 months now and have lost 41Lbs..i would love to know where your at today? how much have you lost to date? did you stick to it? please let me know, i also created a blog so please be sure to check it out<3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,
    Are there more updates? We need you to write more about your diet. You gave me so much hope
    thank you

    ReplyDelete
  4. Would love to hear about more updates I am starting my journey today and know I will need good inspiration.

    ReplyDelete